Terms and Conditions
Animals are accepted for boarding at Nelson Bay Kennels subject to the following terms and conditions:
- All guests must have completed updated vaccinations. Dogs need to have a C5 vaccination given at least 5 days prior to check-in, however for best protection we recommend the intranasal Bronchi-Shield 3 vaccination be given at least 8 days prior to check-in.
- All pets will be boarded alone. Dog play time is usually communal, however each animal is assessed separately to determine suitability for communal play.
- Nelson Bay Kennels reserves the right to refuse entry of any animal for any reason.
- The owner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behaviour of the animal while it is in the care of Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels.
- The owner specifically represents that he or she is the sole owner of the animal, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
- If veterinary attention is necessary for an animal, the owner is liable for all such expenses.
- The animal will be released to any person who is prepared to declare that they have the owner’s authority to collect it, unless otherwise instructed by the owner in writing.
- By signing the contract conditions the owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about the animal. The owner acknowledges that the signing of this contract shall create a lien over the animal in favour of Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels, which lien shall continue to exist whilst ever monies are owing pursuant to contract.
- Under no circumstances will Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels, its staff or agents, be held responsible for any complications resulting from pre-existing conditions, Paralysis Tick or Canine Influenza that may occur to any pet staying at Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels.
- Playtime – Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels, its staff and agents will not be liable for any problems which develop, provided that reasonable care and precautions are followed, and the owner hereby releases them from any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from the animal’s attendance and participation in this service.
- The full period booked will be charged during school holiday periods.
- Boarding rates are charged on a daily basis.
- The owner agrees to pay the rate for boarding that is in effect on the date that the pet is checked into Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels.
- The owner agrees to pay all fees &charges for special services requested and all veterinary costs for the pet during the time the animal is in the care of Nelson Bay Boarding Kennels.
- All fees & charges incurred by the owner will be required to be paid in full prior to departure.
- Charges settled using credit or debit cards will incur a surcharge to cover the additional costs imposed by the merchant services providers.